- News & Awards
- About Us
- Contact Us
Located in downtown Brooklyn, the symmetrical plan of this 140,000 s.f. building with a central core facilitated conversion of this vintage 1951 courthouse into two 500-seat high schools. The interior of the building was completely demolished and reconfigured to accommodate the new program. A rooftop addition provides a multi-purpose room for sports and assembly. The steel-framed, long-span joist addition was separated from the existing roof by an interstitial space which allows for M/E/P distribution and the isolation of noise. All systems throughout the building are new. Existing fire stairs and elevator shafts were kept, the exterior limestone facade reclad, and windows replaced.
Client: New York City School Construction Authority
Location: Brooklyn, NY